Saturday, December 15, 2007

An Ode to a Friend...

People wander in their lives,
Not knowing what to do and when to do it,
Some become strong souls, some falters,
Some grow in confidence; others get swept away by tides…
Tides of sorrow and pain,
Languishing in the inner depths of their empty hearts.
Now, as I lay gay…in full view of parodies,
Parodies of life…parodies of love and the most of all,
The parody of the ironies that has befallen me…
Hah!! I laughed out loud, seemingly happy…
Yet it’s superficial, being nonchalant without a cause…
It’s like a ship without its oar…
Now, my friend…I have been swept into this game,
This game of life, where I can watch but not say…
Speak of things that are oblivious to other but not to thee,
Well it’s true that, life is cruel…or it is?
Paradoxes and oxymoron rain my depleted cranium,
Searching for answers beyond my grasp, my bearing…
Pathetic as it may be,
A penguin is incomparable to the mighty eagle…
Yet they have their importance in their lives,
One swims, the other soars,
Yet they are of the same brethren…
But why view them differently?
Labyrinths will be broken in time,
Euphoria will burn in time,
Ecstasy will end in tragedy,
Juggernauts and heroes fall…
Of heroism and foolishness,
Mingling in one’s mind,
Adversities, I shall face with you…before I go,
Your friend…thee : )

No comments: